As on 18th Feb, 2012

Currently reading:
1. The God of Small Things, Fiction, Arundhati Roy, English
2. Countdown, Non-Fiction, Amitav Ghosh, English
3. Koneya Tene mattu Vishwamanava Sandesha, Poetry (largely), Kuvempu, Kannada.
4. The Bhagavad Gita, Fiction (?), Vyasa, Sanskrit.

Short-notes:
On 1-- She writes like Rushdie. I would much rather read him.  Also, needlessly dark.
On 2-- Its about the Pokhran nuclear blast of '98. Its too recent an event to be read as history and too dated to be read as a commentary on India in the Nuclear World-- much has changed since then. I think Amartya Sen's essay on the same-- also in the Argumentative Indian-- says much of the same  in a more succinct manner.
On 3-- I re-bought the book (my original copy was left in Delhi). Splendid. Plan to write a review of the book sometime.
On 4-- My Sanskrit is slowly improving. Slowly.

Just finished:
1. The Shadow Lines, Fiction, Amitav Ghosh, English.
(For the 65th time; but the first book read on my Kindle!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me